Jackson Health System has resumed normal operations at a majority of its facilities.
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care at Cutler Bay is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Keystone Point is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Country Walk is now open
The Jefferson Reaves remain closed due to power outages.
To reschedule an appointment, please call 305-585-6000. Updated information for UHealth Jackson Urgent Care centers is available at JacksonUrgentCare.com.
Accurate diagnosis is essential in planning adequate treatment for you and your baby, and that is why prior to fetal therapy we perform a series of tests to determine or confirm a suspected diagnosis.
Diagnostic tests may include:
- Ultrasound is used to evaluate the fetus for any anomalies.
- Fetal echocardiogram studies are performed by our highly skilled sonographers.
- Amniocentesis - This procedure takes a sample of amniotic fluid, which contains cells excreted by the fetus, to be analyzed for chromosome abnormalities like Down Syndrome, spina bifida, or other genetic diseases.
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) - This more invasive test is used to confirm a suspected genetic problem after initial screening. CVS takes a few cells from the placenta so that the doctor can analyze them for anomalies.
- Ultrafast fetal MRI – This advanced imaging technique requires no sedation of mother or fetus.