About Holtz Children's Hospital
Jackson Health System has resumed normal operations at a majority of its facilities.
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care at Cutler Bay is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Keystone Point is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Country Walk is now open
The Jefferson Reaves remain closed due to power outages.
To reschedule an appointment, please call 305-585-6000. Updated information for UHealth Jackson Urgent Care centers is available at JacksonUrgentCare.com.
Holtz Children’s Hospital is one of the largest children’s hospitals in the southeast United States. Located at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center, we are known worldwide for our team of pediatric specialists experienced in treating children with all types of needs — from routine care to life-saving procedures. We also train the most pediatric physicians of any medical center in the southeastern United States.
When a child's life or quality of life is in serious jeopardy, the strength and experience of their medical team most often makes the difference in producing a successful outcome for the patient and their families.
Although pediatric physicians at Holtz Children’s are world renowned for their medical expertise, it is the compassionate, human touch of these professionals, and every member of the medical team, that set them apart from the rest. Understanding how a child thinks, feels, and communicates is critical to achieving a successful outcome for that child. Every medical professional is required to be trained in the care and treatment of small bodies and diminished psychological states, all in efforts to provide the best possible care for our most delicate patients.
Holtz Children’s embraces the philosophy of family-centered care which respects each family’s personal values and caters to their specific needs. We encourage families to continuously collaborate with their medical team in order to ensure understanding and allow the family to make informed decisions about their care. Our family-centered approach is spearheaded by our Child Life Program which is integrated into all areas of care. The team strives to make children feel at home in the hospital while providing emotional support to help them cope with their illness or condition.Back to Top
Caring for a Diverse Population
As a major referral center, Holtz Children's not only provides medical services to a wide spectrum of our local population, but also to critically ill children from across the nation and the international community. Most out-of-country referrals come from the International Kids Fund of the Jackson Health Foundation.
This diversity of patients presents new and differing challenges to the pediatric medical teams at Holtz Children’s, who engage every resource possible to arrive at successful medical solutions for those who suffer from unusual and sometimes rare medical conditions.Back to Top
Points of Pride
- The Schatzi and Stanley Kassal Project: New Born Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Holtz Children's Hospital is a designated Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center by the state of Florida and boasts some of the best survival rates and successful outcomes in the country. This 126-bed unit, 66 of which are Level III, provides support for the most critically ill patients, 24 hours a day. This Level III NICU is the largest in the state of Florida.
- Holtz Children's Hospital's Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Program, in affiliation with the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, is the only continuously accredited pediatric stem cell transplant program in South Florida, a designation granted by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT).
- Holtz Children’s is the 8th in the nation and first in Florida to become an Accredited Pediatric Heart Failure Institute by The Healthcare Colloquium. Our Children’s Heart Center is home to one of the largest pediatric cardiomyopathy centers in the world, treating diseases of the heart muscle.
- Holtz Children’s, in collaboration with the Miami Transplant Institute, is one of only three centers in the nation that specializes in pediatric multi-organ transplants, performing two-thirds of all these transplants done in the world. Our pediatric transplant program is the largest pediatric intestinal transplant center in the nation and ranks among the nation’s best survival rates of kidney and kidney-pancreas transplants.
- Holtz Children’s is a national leader in pediatric medical specialties including nephrology, diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology, cardiology, and neonatology.