Tropical Storm Erika Update
Jackson Health System is open for business and operating as usual.
When a child has cancer or a blood disease, you want the very best treatment possible. At Holtz Children's Hospital, a multidisciplinary team of skilled pediatric hematologist & oncologists, nurses, psychologists, social workers and other team members provide comprehensive, high quality medical care and psychological support for infants, children, adolescents and young adults with all types of childhood cancers, blood disorders, bone marrow failure and congenital immune deficiencies.
Medical Conditions Treated
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Acute Myelogenous Leukemia
- Aplastic Anemia
- Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Brain Tumors
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- Ewings Sarcoma
- Germ Cell Tumors
- Hodgkin's Disease
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (ITP)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Rhabdoid Tumor
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Thrombosis and Clotting Syndromes
- Wilms' Tumor
- Ofelia A. Alvarez, M.D.
- Martin Andreansky, M.D., Ph.D.
- Daniel Armstrong, Ph.D.
- Julio Barredo, M.D.
- Joanna Davis, M.D.
- Cristina Fernandes, M.D.
- John Goldberg, M.D.
- Timothy G. Murray, M.D., MBA, FACS
- Antonello Podda, M.D.
- H. Thomas Temple, M.D.
- Winsome Thompson, Ph.D.
- Pediatric Hemophilia Treatment Center
- Bone Marrow Transplant Program
- Bone & Soft Tissue Sarcoma Program
- Neuro-Oncology Program
- Pediatric Sickle Cell Program
- Early Phase Clinical Trials Program
- Retinoblastoma Program
- Second Chance Program
- Hematologic Malignancies (blood cancers) Program
At Jackson we discovered a home. Salma’s physicians became our friends, but our greatest strength came from the nurses who always had patience and affection when treating our daughter.”
– Richani Family
Learn more about this 5-year-old cancer survivor.