Patients & Visitors
Jackson Health System has resumed normal operations at a majority of its facilities.
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care at Cutler Bay is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Keystone Point is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Country Walk is now open
The Jefferson Reaves remain closed due to power outages.
To reschedule an appointment, please call 305-585-6000. Updated information for UHealth Jackson Urgent Care centers is available at JacksonUrgentCare.com.
At Holtz Children’s Hospital, we do everything possible to ensure the safety and security of your child. To help us protect all of our patients, we ask our parents, guardians and families to abide by the following rules so we can provide the best possible medical care in a secure environment.
1. Your child must wear his/her hospital ID bracelet at all times. If the bracelet falls off, please call your child’s nurse for a replacement.
2. Do not trust any unidentified individuals to care for your child. All Holtz, Jackson and University of Miami employees are required to wear an official Photo ID Badge at all times. If an unidentified person comes to see you, please contact a staff member.
3. Parents may visit 24 hours a day.
4. General visiting hours for family and friends are from 2 to 9 p.m. No visitors younger than 14 years old may visit on the unit/floor. In the Project: New Born Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, visits by brothers or sisters may be arranged.
5. A maximum of two visitors per patient is permitted at the bedside.
6. Unsupervised children in hallways and visitor lounges are not allowed.
7. Unauthorized visitors will be asked to leave the unit, and security will be notified.
8. If you are leaving the building or facility, please tell your child’s nurse.
9. Only parents or legal guardians will receive information concerning their child’s health. Please remind your relatives or friends not to ask about your child’s condition, because it will not be released.
10. If you have any questions about your child’s safety, please contact your child’s nurse.
At Holtz Children's Hospital and the Jackson North Medical Center Pediatric Services, family presence and involvement are key components of our philosophy of care. We value the need for family members to be together during a child's stay in the hospital, while at the same time providing for the safety of our pediatric patients. We encourage parents/ guardians to spend as much time as they can with their hospitalized child. We understand that families provide a constant source of support, and we encourage families to participate in their child’s care.
MyJacksonHealth Patient Portal
With MyJacksonHealth patient portal, patients and their guardians can connect to their health records, request appointments, and keep their contact information up-to-date. It’s easy to register—simply provide us with your email address during registration or discharge, and you will receive instruction in an email invitation within 24 hours of enrolling. Access is free.
To learn more or access your account, click here.
Pre-surgical Orientations and Tours
The Pre-surgical Orientation Program at Holtz Children’s helps decrease the fears and concerns patients may have about surgery. Led by a certified child life specialist and surgical nurse, patients and their families will get a better understanding of what to expect on the day of surgery.
During orientation, the patient will have the chance to play with real medical supplies and tour our pre/post-operative areas and operating rooms.
Tours will take place every third Saturday of the month at 1 p.m.
To register for orientation, please call the Child Life team at 305-585-3682.